- Are you one of the many women who suffered from fishy vaginal odor due to bacterial vaginosis (BV)?
- Are you tired of going to the doctor every two months for treatment for recurring BV?
- Do you want to get rid of bacterial vaginosis and its symptoms naturally without the ongoing use of drugs?
If you answer “YES” to all of the above questions, the following home remedies and treatments may help to cure and get rid of your bacterial vaginosis infection naturally and permanently.
- Garlic: Some women may be surprised to find that garlic may help cure them of BV. Garlic has powerful anti-fungal properties that can help treat mild vaginal infections. By increasing the amount of garlic they ingest, women can help re-balance vaginal bacteria. Garlic can be consume raw or in capsule form. Also, a peeled garlic clove, wrapped in gauze and inserted into the vagina, can be used at a bacterial vaginosis treatment.
- Yogurt: Yogurt is full of good bacteria particularly Lactobacillusacidophilus that humans needs. Women suffering from BV should think about eating plain yogurt daily as a natural remedy for BV. Alternatively, dipping a tampon or cotton plugs into plain yogurt and then inserting them into the vagina for a couple of hours helps too. The good bacteria in the plain yogurt helps fight the fugal infections and will help correct the imbalance.
- Tea: Tea is a popular way to relieve the itching and irritation related to BV. The teabag should be soaked in plain water and then set in the refrigerator to cool. The cool teabag should be placed at the vaginal opening to provide relief to the vaginal itching.
- Take a Sitz Bath: As simple as it sounds, a bath could help relieve BV symptoms. A hot bath, with a tablespoon of salt and a few drops of cedar oil, is a great home remedy for bacterial vaginosis. The cedar oil helps with itches while the salts helps to decrease the number of bad bacteria.
- Cold Compress: This is probably the easiest. A cold, damp cloth should be laid over the affected area. While this does not active combat BV, it does help relieve symptoms. Using a cold compress will help reduce the swelling and itching often associated with BV.
- Neem Powder or Leaves: Neem is known for its antibacterial and anti-fungal properties. So, it works well as a home remedy for bacterial vaginosis. Neem powder can be found in capsule form and taken orally to fight against. Fresh Neem leaves (20-25) must be ground into a paste. For best results women should boil this paste in a cup of water, strain it, and then use it as a vaginal douche. Neem leaves should help cure BV in a few days.
- Femanol: If all remedies fail, try taking Femanol, a popular herbal remedies taken orally to help get rid of vaginal odor and bacterial vaginosis. It contains many antifungal, antibacterial, and antiviral herbs and vitamins (such as deodorized garlic, Beta glucans, neem bark extract, vitamin B, biotin, zinc and selenium) that helps eliminate vaginal odor by destroying the odor and BV causing bacteria, making Femanol a potent natural supplement.
Women who think they have bacterial vaginosis, especially for the first time, should always consult a doctor. Alternatively, one can get more information from the Division of STD Prevention (DSTDP) Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Remember that while bacterial vaginosis is a mild infection, it can lead to more serious conditions such as increase a woman’s susceptibility to other STDs such as HIV, herpes, chlamydia, and gonorrhea as well as infections like pelvic inflammatory disease if left untreated.
For women who are suffering from recurring BV, these home remedies for bacterial vaginosis just may be the help and cure you need.
Medical researcher Elena Peterson reveals how she cure her own chronic bacterial vaginosis infections naturally and safely without any expensive or side-effect-laden prescription drugs. Click here to find out more…